For the new owners of the OnePlus 5, 6, and also the 6T, you might want to know the steps that let you to close the background applications that remain running on your phone. With the background processes running, your phone uses more power. These background applications might be the socialization apps, the leisure apps or even the messaging applications.
These apps are constantly checking for new updates making the Smartphone become slower, while consuming more battery charge. Thus, it is recommended that you switch off the background apps on your OnePlus device.
Some apps are searching the World Wide Web for latest version release and new emails using more bandwidth and consuming the battery charge. This results to a slower device. We recommend that you consider closing these apps so as to ensure battery lasts longer making the device faster.
Procedure for Closing Apps Running on Background on OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T and OnePlus 5:
- Ensure the phone is turned off
- From the home screen click recent apps
- Select the running or active applications option
- Select end located next to the required application and go for the”End All” option.
- Click Okay to exit.
Procedure for Disabling and Deactivating Background Data on All the Services
- Switch on the OnePlus device
- Go to the settings option and Tap on Data Usage
- Select the dots on the top right hand corner for the Context menu to be displayed
- Ensure the “Automatic Data Sync” is unchecked
- Tap on the Okay option
Use the Facebook Option that lets you switch background data off from the Options
- Click on the ensure option on OnePlus
- Go to the Facebook settings
- Tap on the “Refresh interval”
- Select Never
Procedure for Switching off Background Data for Twitter
- Ensure the device is turned on
- Select the settings option from the accounts menu
- Tap on Twitter
- Un-tick the “Twitter Synching” option
Procedure for Switching off the Background Data for the Gmail App
- Switch on the device
- From the settings menu, tap on the accounts selection
- Tap on the OnePlus option
- Select the accounts name
- Uncheck the OnePlus service you wish to switch off