As a matter of fact, Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has incredible features and one of them is the upgraded camera. To experience the cool features that come with this camera, you will need to change some few settings so as to activate all the capabilities that come with the camera. This is by changing the settings to help you capture captivating images with the phone.
Multiple options are available that help you to alter the settings on your device camera. These options might affect the quality of the pictures and the videos which is often referred to as the resolution. By changing the resolution of your camera you can realize some better quality images and also save when it comes to the storage space. To understand the image resolution, it is important that you learn about the key ideas that include the aspect ratio. The aspect ratio details is an important factor since if you set it wrongly, you will have skewed and blurred images. The default aspect ratio on Note 9 is 4:3. The ratio can be rest to 19:9 or even to 1:1 ratio. If you might find that these options better suit your needs, follow this information that will help you to configure the camera settings.
The Essentials of Image and Video Size for Samsung Note 9
The camera resolution and aspect ratio are two things you shouldn’t overlook whether taking selfie, photos, or shooting a video. The options for resolution will vary depending on the camera that you will be using. This is either the front or the rear camera.
How you are going to view the images and watch the videos and the purpose for taking them determines the best aspect ratio choice.
- 1:1 Aspect Ratio takes a square photo and it is the best when it comes to design qualities.
- 4:3 is the common photo size and also the standard aspect ratio. It is best for use when you want to print the images and want to share the images digitally.
- 16:9 is the latest option and allows for optimized videos and photos that you want to view on the computer and generally on the social media or the video services like on YouTube.
Select the best resolution based on the above principles and checkout more options to choose from below.
- 7M (1440*2560, 9:16) used for the photos or the videos and sent through the MMS or also shared through the social media sites.
- 7M (2160*2160 1:1) used for the specific photos where you need to optimize the images for use on web design.
- 2M (2160*2880, 3:4) the Aspect Ratio used for 4R or the photos that you want to print
- 1M (3024*3024, 1:1) commonly used by the web designers
- 1M (4032*2268, 19:9) for the videos and the photos to be seen your PC, the TV or shared through the social media
- 12M (3024*4032, 4:3) used for the 8R and also larger images
There are simple rules that you would want to follow when you are taking photos. These are:
- Increase the scale of the photos and this will affect the quality of the images by lowering the quality
- Ensure down scaling of the images doesn’t lower the photo quality
- Ensure you use the highest resolution so long as you have got an SD on your phone or plenty of storage space.
More Complex Rules when Shooting Videos
- Don’t use extremely high resolutions like UHD 2160 P when filming videos. Only do so when your device is HD and want to watch the video on 4K TV.
- Don’t choose the VGA feature if you will send your videos and photos via the MMS or email
- If you will watch or share videos online from your smartphone, tablet or the PC, use the HD 720P when you are shooting the video.
- Use a higher quality if planning to watch the video on TV. The best quality is achieved by using 1080P and 30FPs.
- To record video on slow motion set it to half speed for playback and you will realize the best quality.
The above information serves as a mere guide, and those are the key rules to adhere to. Note that with decreased resolution, you can’t scale down the photo and video quality. This is an option that consumes lesser space when it comes to storage. By increasing the resolution, scale down the image but increases the space taken on the phone. Follow the above rules to be able to optimize the camera settings on the Note 9 device ensuring it works right for you.
Procedure for Setting up Camera Picture Size on Galaxy Note 9
- Open the preview screen on the phone
- Open the camera application and click on the settings icon
- From this option you can choose the picture size from the options presented.
- There are 6 options that are available for the rear facing camera and they include 9.1M, 6.2M, 4.7 M, 3.7M and also 12M
- There are three separate settings for the front camera including 5M, 3.7M and 3.8M.
Procedure for Setting up Camera Video Size on Samsung Note 9
- Click on the Camera settings on your Note 9 device
- Click on the screen to view the camera preview
- Click on the settings option
- Tap video size for the rear camera
- Choose any of the 7 options for the size of your video.
If you are opting to pick QHD, UHD, or the FHD options at 60 FPs, note that you will not be able to make use of the HDR tracking AF or the Video effects anymore on the file. Ideally, that will prevent you from capturing images while you are taking videos in the FHD at 60 FPs.