Forgetting the Passcode is something that happens often especially for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and or also the Galaxy S8+ users. When this occurs, there is a high likelihood that you might be required to conduct the Galaxy S8 password reset. The solutions you try while trying to recover the password requires factory settings restore. The factory settings restore will definitely wipe all the phone data including the files in your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 plus. For those that have not performed a data backup on the phone, you will then have to ensure you use alternative methods so as to reset the password of Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
These approaches allows phone Passcode reset and allow you to reset the password when you don’t have access to the phone minimizing the risk of losing the data. In this article, we shall list three best methods for resetting the Passcode for your locked screen on Galaxy S8 and S8 plus.
Factory Reset for Passcode Resetting on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
- Switch off the Galaxy S8
- Simultaneously press and hold the volume plus button, the power button and the return key until you have seen the Android icon.
- Tap on Factory reset / Wipe data using the power button. The volume minus button helps you to move from one option to another.
- To accept deletion of the user data navigate to the Yes option And make use of the power button to confirm the selection
- The Galaxy S8 will reboot and after the booting is complete, select the option that you would want to choose.
You will find other alternative approaches from this guide on Factory reset procedure for Galaxy S8. Keep in mind that data backup is essential prior to getting started with the factory reset on the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Procedure for Passcode Reset Through the use of Samsung Locate My Device
Are you aware that Samsung Locate my Mobile enables you to reset the Passcode on your phone? This is essentially a remote control feature that is found on your Samsung Galaxy allowing the users to achieve Passcode reset temporarily and also lets you bypass the screen lock on the Galaxy S8 Smartphone. You need to register for the service soonest possible so that you will be able to use it for password resetting. Here is what you ought to do to use the service.
- Register your Galaxy device with the Samsung Locate my mobile
- Use the locate my Android system for resetting the phone Passcode temporarily.
- Make use of the temporal Passcode for by passing the screen lock
- Complete the procedure by setting up a new Passcode.
Using Android Device Manager for Password Resetting on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
The Device Manager on Android devices should be prioritized when you need to reset the Galaxy device Passcode. The process is very easy and just requires enabling of the screen lock feature found on the Smartphone.
The feature offers you a reset Passcode for the Galaxy device. You need to adhere to the instructions that are provided so as to make use of the screen lock feature for the Galaxy device. These are as follows:
- Open the Device Manager Android Application from the Personal Computer
- Checkout the Galaxy device on your computer screen
- Enable “Lock and Erase”
- Now, follow the steps as you are prompted on the page that appears when you lock the Smartphone.
- Set the temporal Passcode fort the Galaxy device
- Tap in the temporal Passcode you have set
- Complete the procedure by setting the new Passcode