The Factory Reset for many Samsung Note 9 owners remains a scary action. This is as a result of the outcome which is comparable to starting over, which is like receiving the phone straight from the factory. All the configurations, the files and the information stored on the phone will be gone. You have the option of backing up the data, the settings and then you can restore the same when the reset has been completed.
This is still a threatening action for some owners of the smartphone. In addition, the action is completed when there is a disturbing issue on your phone and the issue cannot be solved through a different approach.
To be sure you will not leave anything behind, use the inbuilt backup and reset option. Alternatively, you can make use of the third party applications not forgetting that Google drive gives you 16 GB free storage drive. Basically, you have got several options to use. However, we will show you the different methods that you would use to complete the factory data reset on Samsung Note 9.
Using the Hardware Buttons to Complete Samsung Note 9 Factory Reset
- Switch off the phone
- Simultaneously press and hold the volume plus, the home and the power buttons.
- The Android Icon will then show on the screen and you can therefore release the buttons
- Highlight the factory reset or the data wipe option using the Volume reduction button
- Use the power key to start up the phone
- Tap “Yes Delete All User Data” when you are prompted to do so.
- Restart the phone by pressing the power button
- Your phone resets and you can therefore restart it now and exit the recovery mode.
The method should be used whenever your smartphone becomes unresponsive and you can’t use the screen to access the menus.
The Note 9 Factory Reset Via the Phone Menu
- Start the phone while on the main screen
- Tap the notification tab
- Check the gear like icon
- The settings menu will expand and letting you select backup and the reset button
- Navigate to the user and backup
- Go to the factory reset option
- Tap on the device reset option that is on the bottom of the screen
- Tap Delete All when asked to do so
- The process will complete and once it does, restart the phone.
Communicate to us in case of any question relating to how to complete the factory reset on the Samsung Note 9.